“Without Dreams and Goals there is no living, only merely existing, and that is not why we are here.” – Mark Twain
We often hear people talk about how to set goals and appropriately use them for improvement. we can say a goal is, in a way, a “kind of” challenge, but a challenge that is possible, something that would give you a sense of victory once completed. Goal setting varies from person to person. by assuming that, let’s take a few examples, someone who wants to lose weight, wants to get promoted, wants to achieve financial freedom, or wants to travel the world. so basically, Having goals can be the fuel for achievement in all aspects of your life, be it health, finances, relationships, fitness, or personal growth. It could be anything, but unless we set a goal and work towards it, we won’t get to where we want to be. And therefore goal setting requires a time frame, so you can set your mind, plan it, and work towards it.
The path to our goals may not always be easy or straightforward, but having goals, big or small, is part of what makes life good. Our goals give us a form of meaning and purpose, they tell us the direction in which we would like to travel, and they make us interested and engaged. as Aristotle said: “Well started is half done.” And in term s of goals he is right. Fixating on how we set our goals makes us more liable to achieve them, and achieving them makes us feel good about ourselves and our life.
With that in mind, this article will briefly attempt to consider, examine, review and discuss, using the mnemonic approach, what this means and represents, and why it is important.
Why goal setting are important in life?
setting your goals provide you clarity on what you ultimately wish. It makes you crystallize and articulate the desires that float in your mind. Goal setting is important as goals provide a clear and specific set of benchmarks and goals to work on every day. Goals give you direction and give you focus. It ensures that you channel your time, energy, and efforts into the things that really matter to you. It makes you live more consciously.
Having a goal is like knowing your destination when you leave home. Knowing where you are going is less likely to get lost and more likely to get there without wasting energy.
How to set your goals?
This is a very important setup. Goal setting provides inspiration and motivation and allows you to develop a specific action plan to help you achieve your goals. Goal setting is the act of setting clearly defined goals and then working towards goal achievement every day. To set a objective think about something specific you want to achieve in the future – this must be a number or an event. now once you are ready to work for your goals, you have to be realistic and plan it out. below are adding few steps to help you out.
Also Read: Importance Of Social Etiquette And Manner
Steps to follow
1. Write down your goals: To achieve your goals, write them down. People who actually write down their goals are more likely to be successful in getting where they want to go. The written goal also gives you a place to refer to if you are having a difficult time. So you can break things down into shorter goals.
2. Set your short-term goals: Setting short-term goals helps you make measurable progress. completing these short-term goals builds your confidence and motivation, and inspires you to set goals that are bigger and better in the future.
3. Set a Deadline: If you decide to achieve your goals, your goal must have a deadline affixed. When your goal has a deadline, you have a clear direction and focus. When setting goals, your mind needs a deadline to take the goal seriously. Having a deadline for your goal makes you more accountable for actually achieving your goal.
4. Understand the importance of goal: Choose goals that inspire you to act. If you want to achieve your goals, it is important to understand why it is important to you to achieve that specific goal. When you are clear about what achieving the goal will mean to you and the difference it will make, you are more likely to take action.
5. Set specific goals: You must be specific and clear about what you want to achieve. Your objective should answer the following possible questions: (a) What do you want to achieve? (b) What are the different steps that will be needed to achieve this? (c) Why do you want to achieve this goal?
Other steps to Consider
6. Challenging: Your goal should be a challenge. If your goal is easy, you are likely to lose interest in the medium. So having a push goal or an extended goal keeps you motivated and challenged all the time.
7. If the goal doesn’t work, change it: Your goal is there to shape your life in a way that delights you, does not enslave you. If the pursuit of the goal is draining your life, why keep it? We adopt goals for one reason and one reason only: to change our lives. And if you ever feel like your direction needs to change, change the objectives. Because it’s not about where you end up, it’s about the life you live on the road. Your life is too precious to settle for anything less than extraordinary.
8. Set Realistic goals: Setting realistic goals is important because it keeps the individual’s motivation high. An individual who sets unrealistic goals is more likely to get discouraged during the process and therefore more likely to give up on the goal. By setting realistic goals, a person can stay motivated and stick to set deadlines, culminating in the successful achievement of a goal.
Goal setting is about seeing yourself in the future as you really want to be and then setting goals with a clear, measurable plan and path that will inspire you to achieve your goals. To achieve your goals in business and in life, goals must be exciting but also scary.
Each goal is unique and must be addressed with the context and meaning you perceive: “the creator of that goal.” As we judge and criticize others, from time to time we also judge and criticize ourselves. Evaluate your performance and plan to make the schemes work better next time. Choose goals in which you are emotionally and intellectually involved in a vision of a bigger and better future. Best of Luck.
Also Read: How To Focus And Avoid Distractions